Wednesday 16 October 2013

Broccoli and Carrot Soup

Soups are awesome for healthy eating. Puréed vegetables. And they're PERFECT in winter. I think people think soups are harder than they are. They're possibly the simplest thing ever!

Untitled

You will need:
1 head of broccoli
4 large carrots
1 leek (don't use the end leafy bits though, white or light green stalk bit)
1 vegetable stock cube

Chop off the brocolli florets, chop up the carrots, chop up leek, keep it chunky, carrots/leek about 2cm wide. Throw them in a saucepan, cover veg in water, add your stock cube, bring to the boil. Once boiling, cover and let it simmer. After 15 mins check it, if you pierce a carrot with a knife, lift it out of the water and it falls off, then it's ready. Drain the stock, but keep it! Use a blender to blend up the vegetables, adding stock bit by bit until you get a consistency you're happy with.

Season to taste. I always add black pepper. :-)

I bought a big jar from Wilkinsons, making this the easiest work lunch ever! This recipe will make you a pretty big batch but I figure, since it's essentially only veg, I can have a huge bowl of it! So this made two servings for me.

Got a tip to make soups more entertaining? Share! Don't be selfish.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! Soups are amazing and just so easy - the covent garden 365 soups book is awesome nich - tonnes of seasonal ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Got a better suggestion? Please tell me!