Friday 18 October 2013

Spicy Chicken Stew

I'd bought some stuff to make a pasta sauce but had ended up improvising, leaving me with quite a lot of veg in my fridge. Some googling on bbcgoodfood for a healthy recipe I found Spicy Chicken Stew.

Untitled

It was yum! Find the original recipe here. It is super easy, and just uses one (large) saucepan. I did tweak the amounts going into it though, since the original recipe was for six!

For two hearty portions:
a packet of chicken drumstricks (we used tesco which weighed in about 430g)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red chilli (I used two but it was too spicy)
1 red pepper
200g chopped tomatoes
1 tin kidney beans (the recipe says 'kidney beans in chilli sauce' but I just added a tsp chilli powder)
1 tin butter beans
220ml chicken stock
small bunch coriander

Follow the instructions on the website...though I would just leave the skin on, peeling it off raw chicken is a pain in the arse, it'd probably come off easier after the pre-frying anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a better suggestion? Please tell me!