Tuesday 6 January 2015

Mushroom Leek Quinoa


IMG_20150102_124825646

I follow Gwyneth Paltrow's advice when it comes to cooking quinoa:

Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and place it in a pot set over high heat with the water and a pinch of salt. Bring the quinoa to a boil, lower the heat, cover the pot, and cook until all the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa's germs and looks like lots of little spirals, 12 to 15 minutes. Turn the heat off, place a dry paper towel (I use kitchen roll) between the pot and the lid, and let the quinoa sit for at least 5 minutes before giving it a fluff with a fork.

Instead of a pinch of salt I use vegetable stock to give it a bit of flavour. I fried the mushroom and leek in a little coconut oil then just added them together. Boom. It was super tasty. Better warm than hot by a long shot though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a better suggestion? Please tell me!